diabolii

Member
Hey everyone,

For a long time, I’ve been chasing the exact feeling and magic of playing Utopia Unleashed back in its golden era around 2006–2007. If you were part of that community back then, you probably know how unique, intense, and deeply rewarding that specific version of Ultima Online felt.

Because I couldn’t find that exact experience anywhere else today, I’ve decided to build it.

I’m currently developing a custom shard heavily inspired by the core mechanics, atmosphere, and identity of 2006–2007 Utopia Unleashed. However, building a project with this kind of depth is a massive journey, and I’m looking to connect with people who share this vision and want to help shape it from the ground up.

Who am I looking for? You do not need to be a programmer or C# scripter to get involved! While technical help is always welcome, I am primarily looking for true UO veterans—especially those who remember Utopia Unleashed and understand its mechanics, balance, itemization, and community culture.

I could use your insights, advice, and passion regarding:

  • Game Design & Mechanics: Helping brainstorm and fine-tune systems to match that classic, hard-earned progression.
  • Itemization & PvM/PvP Balance: Recreating or balancing the feel of gear, stats, and combat.
  • Testing & Feedback: Playing early builds, breaking things, and guiding the project in the right direction.
  • Pure Nostalgia & Passion: Sharing memories, ideas, and keeping the community spirit alive.
If you spent countless hours on Utopia Unleashed back in the day, or if you're just a passionate UO player who loves custom progression shards and wants to be part of building something special from scratch, I’d love to hear from you.

Drop a comment below or send me a DM if you're interested in joining the journey, sharing some ideas, or just talking about the old days.

Thanks for reading, and long live UO!
 

Donations

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$500.00

Shards

Back