ghostbyte420

ghostbyte420
uoAvox Founder | Project Manager
Member
Hey guys, I wanted to share a breakthrough in Ultima Online map creation which extends beyond Dragon, UOLandscaper, and MapCreator; making the original compiler of MapCreator merely an option thanks to two new plugins I have added this past week using AI models Claude Sonnet 5 and GPT6 Astra to create and troubleshoot.

The first plugin is called ProceduralFacet. This plugin allows users to generate seed-driven facets that are unbelievable in detail with its terrain, terrain transitions, static placement, and elevations. This is cloned off the following but was translated from Python13 to C#:

GitHub - tomgsx/UOCloneProject-ProcMapGen: Procedural Ultima Online map generator with a desktop GUI (Linux and Windows). Developed with extensive usage of Fable/Opus via ClaudeCode.

This is the result of this result:
Facet_1_20260923_114356.png

The second plugin was an afterthought and this is where the real magic happens. This plugin is called ProceduralTerrain and actually uses MapCreator’s UOLandscaper functions.

I isolated 8 terrains from the .aco terrain swatch file; these are the only base terrains you can draw with for now. I drew my map with four of these. I then did the coastlines like normal using an 8x8 brush of shallow water on the Terrain.bmp.

For the Altitude.bmp I used 1 base elevation from any of the altitude.aco swatches (users choice), but you can only select one for Water, one for Land, and one for Mountain (Other has no function for this plugin). I used -10z for water, -5z for land, and -5z for mountains.

The procedural generation engine then takes your base terrain and its base altitude and builds on top of it using the same detail as the other plugin; except this is a user created map - not a seed; and each compile yields different elevations, static placement, and biome placement. So your facets won’t be as predictable looking as the other plugin will be using the same seed more than once.

This was the result for this plugin:
image.png

Anyway, I am really pleased with how this turned out and will work to improve it over time…
 
It will be a while before I release this because I am testing it quite thoroughly before I am ready. I don’t like releasing half-assed projects; so with that said, be patient but this is coming. I created this because I know how hard it is to make custom maps and I wanted customization available to even those who struggle with it. I hope this will help you guys.
 

Donations

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$500.00

Shards

Back